Mushroom gravy for pork chops
This one-pan easy Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce will allow you to have dinner with your family in under 30 minutes. This pork chop recipe has simple ingredients like Campbell soup and salt and pepper easy items that you will have in your pantry.
Boneless pork chops or bone-in the choice is yours I usually just buy whatever is on sale at my local market. When pork chops are served in this creamy mushroom sauce served with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes for the ultimate supper for a busy evening!
Pork Chops Recipe:
This is a one-pan dinner which makes for an easier clean-up. Pan-fried pork chops in a creamy mushroom sauce are going to leave you feeling satisfied with all your favourite comforting foods found at home. This is defiantly 5 stars and a restaurant-quality dinner in the comfort of your home at a fraction of the price. Yes, please!
Did you know that pork is the most consumed meat in the world? It can be affordable meat no matter where you live, and, if cooked the right way it is juicy and has loads of flavour.
Prepare Rice, pasta or mashed potatoes before starting your Pork chops
Prepare steamed rice :
I love my instant pot for steaming my rice it is foul proof and makes perfect steamed rice.
For this recipe, I would make 6 cups of Jasmine rice but you can alter this depending on how many pork chops you are making and I guess how much your family likes rice.
- Rince your 2 cups of rice
- put into instant pot or stovetop pot add in 3-4 cups of water depending on the preference of stickiness
- put the lid on the instant pot to seal and press your rice steam if making on stovetop bring water to a boil then once it’s at a boil turn the stove to low and cover with a lid and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
How do I cook pork chops?
Cast iron skillet is where I cook pork chops or chicken thighs because of their more natural flavour and quicker cook time. Season the pork chop with salt and pepper on the other side. Cook either side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve pork chops as mashed or roasted potatoes, rice or pasta. For this recipe, I used bone-in pork chops.
How to Cook Pork Chops:
- Season pork chop with salt and pepper and cook pork chops on a hot skillet in oil and butter preferably cast-iron skillet over medium-high. When chops are cooked remove the pork chops from the pan.
- Next, in the same pan add in some chopped onion and celery as well as some garlic and sliced mushrooms if you wish but if you do not have mushrooms that’s okay you can just use the can of Campbell mushroom soup
- now put pork chops back into the pan and by add in the Campbells mushroom soup.
- Now add your mushroom soup and simmer for about 15-20 minutes on low to create a yummy garlic mushroom sauce pretty much a gravy that has all the flavours of the pork chops that linger throughout the sauce.
NOTE: The meat cannot be thicker than 1/2″ in thickness or else it will not cook through. If the meat is thicker, beat with a meat mallet until about 1/2″ in thickness.
How to Substitute for Bone-in Pork Chops:
Bone-in or boneless?
This pork chops recipe will work for both bone-in or boneless pork chops. If substituting for bone-in, cook an additional 2-3 minutes longer per side, depending on the thickness of the pork chops. The internal reading of the thickest part of the pork chop should read 145°F which is safe for pork chops cooking temperature.
What Kind of Mushrooms Should I use?
You can use whatever fresh mushrooms you have on hand. White mushrooms, cremini or portobello mushrooms will all work in this recipe.
How to cook pork chops to make Tender?
Once the pork chops are added back to the pan, turn the heat down to simmer and let the pork chops cook another 5-10 mins cook. Make sure the temperature is low so it doesn’t burn your creamy mushroom sauce.
Pork Chop ExpressCourse: Cute DIYs, Home cooking recipes, Instant potCuisine: Canadian, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Amazing one-pan pork chops recipe prepared in under 30 minutes. Smothered Pork Chops in a creamy garlic mushroom sauce.
4 bone-in pork chops or boneless pork chops about 1/2″ thick
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic minced
3 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
2 tsp olive oil
8 oz mushrooms (white or brown) sliced
½ medium onion finely chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1-2 cans of Campbell’s mushroom soup
1 Tbsp parsley optional garnish
- Season pork chops with salt pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp butter and 2 tsp oil in a large pan over medium-high heat add pork chops and sear pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove the chops and cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, or until lightly golden add onions and celery cook 4-5 minutes
- Add minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Next, add in Campbell’s mushroom soup and season with salt pepper to taste. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until the soup begins to thicken. Add pork chops back to the skillet and cover with the mushroom sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes until chops are cooked also allowing the pork chops to become tender and the flavours of the mushroom sauce to really penetrate into the pork chops. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- If you make this recipe be sure to share your pics of your creations on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter! Hashtag them #CuteDIYs
- This is a great recipe if you are in a mad rush trying to feed a big crew especially those days when you are trying to get your kids to soccer or dance and not a whole lot of time after school.
Welcome to MyCute DIYs Food blog!
Hi! I’m Raegen Brett. Here you’ll find delicious, home cooking recipes with easy step-by-step instructions.
If you like this recipe you will love these as well.