Where to buy chicken bones? Are you wanting to make some delicious chicken broth or chicken soup and need some chicken bones. You can buy all sorts of chicken bones even organic chicken bones from your local butcher shops (That’s where I go to get all my beef bones) as well as it’s good for the ham bones or meat department at your local grocery stores.
Most small butchers and grocery stores will often run BOGO deals around the holidays, so it’s a great time to stock up. Some Butchers will practically give away the bones.
Or” what I like to do” is to use my rotisserie chickens for leftovers even the store-bought roasted chickens that you find in the Deli work perfectly I just take the meat off of the chicken and am left with some chicken bones.
Just pop the whole carcass into your instant pot or pressure cooker and if you don’t have either of these you can boil chicken bones on top of your stove the old-fashioned way to make the best homemade bone broth.
Is Chicken Broth healthy for you?
Chicken bone broth is rich in essential fatty acids as well as protein. Both help your body build and repair healthy muscle, bone, skin, and blood cells. The broth is also a rich source of minerals like iron.
Chicken Broth also contains selenium. That helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and complications, including strokes, and high cholesterol.
Most chicken bone broth has the following vitamins depending on how its made.
Easy Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe from Rotisserie Chicken CarcassDifficulty: Easy
Chicken bone broth is so easy to make you can also make this recipe using beef bones for the beef bones I like to keep a simmer overnight. You can also purchase organic chicken bones if that is your preference.
In this recipe, I will use a whole rotisserie chicken and use the chicken bones from it I purchase from my local grocery store. This makes a nice homemade bone broth and it’s a good way to use up the roasted chicken.
Whole rotisserie chicken minus a leg or two or even a breast … lol or organic chicken bones “Chicken Bones”
10 cups of water to cover the chicken
2 teaspoons fish sauce
3-4 bay leaves
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
fresh herbs for poultry
2-3 stalks of celery roughly chopped
1 medium onion chopped up roughly
- For the easiest chicken broth, I like to use a rotisserie or even a leftover chicken. First, take as much meat off your rotisserie chickens as you can and set it aside and place it in your fridge.
- Next, Put your whole chicken or Turkey carcass including all the neck bones, breast bones chicken backs, chicken wings and even chicken feet if you still have them intact place it in your pot and add your water to cover the chicken bones. Yum, you are also on your way to the best bone broth!
- Toss in a couple of teaspoons of fish sauce into the pot and don’t worry it will just add some delicious flavour to the pot it won’t make it taste fishy!
- Add your bay leaves and spices. fresh herbs, celery, onions and carrots. You can add whatever other vegetables or spice that you would like for flavour at this point.
- Next, you will put your Instant-on pressure for 4 hours either by clicking onto the soup button or manual setting for high pressure. Now it’s time to wait for your delicious homemade bone broth. Make sure your steam release handle is at sealing on the instant pot. Now Natural release the pressure for 15 minutes and then release steam on your Instant Pot.
- Once your chicken bones have been cooked it’s now time to strain the bones and spices from the broth. Does your house smell amazing yet?
- Make sure while you are straining the chicken bones you have something to catch the bone broth into.
- At this point, you can freeze for later use or make soup straight away with your glorious bone broth!
- The best thing ever is homemade chicken noodle soup. My version is satisfying, healthy, and tastes delicious. You can use organic chicken broth that you can purchase from your local store or use homemade chicken bone broth.
- You can use more or less water depending on how many bones you have or how big your chicken is.
- Do you have leftover Turkey from thanksgiving? Use Turkey instead of chicken!