Scalloped Potato Hay Stacks
Perfect Cheesy, yummy, Scalloped potato stacks.
These little stacks are so yummy I usually have them accompany a ham dinner or even steak. You may wish to serve these as an appetizer as well instead of a side or make in a casserole dish and serve as a scalloped potato casserole if you are having a crowd.
My daughter loves these potato stacks and they are so perfect when you don’t have a huge family gathering but still want the scalloped potatoes with your ham dinner.
I was asked once where did I buy these… lol. I guess they tasted so good it was hard to believe I made them.
Scalloped Potato StacksCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Scalloped Potato Stacks
Pam or any other kind of oil spray
2 TBSP Butter
4 cloves Garlic chopped
1/3 cup of Cream (33% or more)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 potatoes peeled or just washed really good russet or yellow
1 cup shredded white cheddar or orange cheddar preferably sharp
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a muffin tin with the pam.
- Melt butter in a pan and add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Next stir in your cream and add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Now remove this from the heat!
- Peel your potatoes and slice them very thin.
- Next put the thinly sliced potatoes in a bowl and add the cream mixture and coat the potatoes. I like to get in there with my hands .
- while you hands are still covered in the cream sauce…lol.. stack the potatoes into the prepared muffin tin so you have stacks. Any remaining cream mixture that is in the bowl spoon over the muffin tin potato stacks. Cover the muffin tin with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and remove the foil and put the cheddar on top of the potato stacks. Next bake uncovered until cheese is golden and the potatoes are soft. About 10 minutes. Let stand for another 10 minutes. Now they are ready to eat!
- Use green onions and sour cream on the side for toppings
- I use either mandoline or my food processor to cut my potatoes nice and thin.
- You can also stack these potatoes in a casserole dish just make sure to add about 20 minutes or more to the baking time until they are tender. I do this when I know I am having a crowd over.