Try this Halloween Cookie bark with melted white chocolate and the top. These tasty treats are spooky for Halloween.
A Simple Recipe for Spooky Cookie BarkCourse: bakingCuisine: confectioneryDifficulty: Easy
Preheat Oven to 350 F
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 c sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 sheets of parchment paper
1 pound white chocolate, chopped up
small candy eyes
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Mix together flour, cocoa ,baking soda and salt. Set this bowl aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat with your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Next beat in the egg and the vanilla. turn the mixer on low and now add the flour mixture slowly until it is just incorperated.
- Roll your dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper almost 2 inch’s thick.Then remove and trow out the patchment paper and slide the dough onto a baking sheet and chill until firm at least 20 minutes.
- Put pan of cookie dough in oven and bake for 10 minutes then rotate pan and bake for another 5-10 minutes just until the cookie is set and it’s darker along the edges.
- Let this cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, place the white chocolate in a microwaveble bowl and microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Put 1/4 cup aside. Spread Spread the rest of it on top of the cookie. Let this set.
- Remelt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over top and just before it sets add some spooky candy eyes if desired.
- This is a great recipe not only for Halloween but even Christmas you can dress the bark up with crumbled candy canes.