Alfredo Lasagna with MeatballsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 lb. extra lean ground beef (sometimes I like to use half pork and half beef)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 small onion chopped finely
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 dash hot sauce ( I use franks red hot) you can omit if you like
1 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire
1/3 Cup skim milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 pkg or about 2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 pkgs (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped and divided
12 cooked lasagna noodles
- Make meatballs first!
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Mix beef, salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add milk, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Mix until completely mixed
- Make your meat balls! Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place onto baking tray I like to line my tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center 20 to 25 minutes
- Prepare your noodles while Meatballs are in the oven
- Once your meat balls are out of the oven turn down the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Next mix your shredded cooked chicken with 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes. Set this aside
- Beat cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder with a hand mixture until blended well. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Basil.
- Grab that bowl you set aside with the chicken in it. Mix half of your cream cheese mixture with your chicken mixture
- Spread “half” of the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish
- Cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Cut cooked meatballs in half and layer on top of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture, meatballs twice
- Top with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and mozzarella. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with rest of basil and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.