It’s time to celebrate! My BFF is sharing the delicious family recipe that has been handed down from her grandma – Alfredo Lasagna with Meatballs. Trust me, you won’t be able to get enough of this heavenly dish and it will leave your taste buds begging for more…so it might just come at a cost of gaining some extra pounds along the way 🙂 Don’t miss out on tasting one of Grandma’s best creations tonight – prepare for an explosion in flavor!
Lasagna with Meatballs AlfredoCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 lb. extra lean ground beef (sometimes I like to use half pork and half beef)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 small onion chopped finely
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 dash hot sauce ( I use franks red hot) you can omit it if you like
1 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 pkg or about 2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped and divided
12 cooked lasagna noodles
- Make meatballs first!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix beef, salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add milk, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix until completely mixed
- Make your meatballs! Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place onto a baking tray I like to line my tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center 20 to 25 minutes
- Prepare your noodles while the Meatballs are in the oven
- Once your meatballs are out of the oven turn down the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Next mix your shredded cooked chicken with 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes. Set this aside
- Beat cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder with a hand mixer until blended well. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Basil.
- Grab that bowl you set aside with the chicken in it. Mix half of your cream cheese mixture with your chicken mixture
- Spread “half” of the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish
- Cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Cut cooked meatballs in half and layer them on top of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture, meatballs twice
- Top with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture, and mozzarella. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the rest of the basil and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
What are the best lasagna noodles to use? Italian cuisine has had a special place in my heart since I was growing up – especially around Christmas time! Nothing quite makes me feel like it’s the holidays like cooking Italian specialties, such as lasagna! Noodles are an important factor when it comes to making a delicious lasagna, and to ensure your end product is top-notch, you must choose the right kind. Plain Italian-style egg noodles make for the best lasagna – boiled al dente before layering with your choice of meat and cheeses. Once assembled, baking at low heat will ensure that your lasagna turns out perfectly every time!
How do I cook Alfredo lasagna with meatballs?
What are the ingredients for Alfredo lasagna with meatballs?
How long does it take to make Alfredo lasagna with meatballs?
Can I make Alfredo lasagna with meatballs ahead of time?
How do I store Alfredo lasagna with meatballs?
What is the nutritional information for Alfredo lasagna with meatballs?