I absolutely love handmade jewelry! The great thing about making jewelry is that you can personalize the colors according to your taste. I decided to experiment by combining a braided bracelet and some beads and this is what I ended up with. Of course, you can easily change around the beads by size, color, etc. I decided to go with pearl-looking beads to give the bracelet a slightly elegant touch. Put your own spin on this pearl bracelet and let me know how it turns out!
1. Cut 3 strands of thread into 16 inches each. (I doubled up on strands by cutting 6 pieces because I wanted the braid to be thicker)
2. Start braiding and stop after you have reached about 2-3 inches.
3. Put a bead on the leftmost strand.
4. Keeping the bead in place with your hand, move the thread over the middle strand, as you were continuing the braid.
5. Put a bead on the rightmost stand.
6. Keeping the bead in place, move the thread over the middle strand.
7. Put a bead on the leftmost strand. (Repeat steps 3-6 until you get the length desired)
8. After you have finished putting the desired amount of beads, continue a regular braid for about 2-3 inches.
9. Tie a knot. Wrap around your wrist and secure.