It’s definitely gotten blazing hot where I live, and I’ve been looking for a couple of ways to beat the heat this summer. Don’t get me wrong, I love ice cream, but sometimes I just need a healthy alternative that will fulfill my craving without tons of sugar. I love making fruit smoothies, so I recently decided to freeze the smoothie and make it into a cute fruit popsicle. It turned out delicious and left me feeling refreshed and satisfied. What I love about this smoothie is that you can try so many different flavors and combinations of fruit, there’s no chance you’ll get bored! Sometimes I like having an all fruit combination with strawberries and mangos, while other times I like mixing it up by adding spinach. Hope you all have fun trying out this out with different fruits and let me know which combo you liked the best!
If you blend 1 cup of fruit, you should have enough to fill 2 plastic cups halfway with the blended mixture.
Fruits of your choice ( I used strawberries, spinach, mangos, bananas)-1 cup each
Water -1 cup per popsicle
Small plastic cups (3 oz)
1. Blend your first layer of fruit together by adding 1 cup of the fruit and 1/2 cup water. The consistency should be not too thick and not too runny.
2. Fill the mini plastic cup about halfway with the blended fruit mixture.
3. Put in the freezer for about 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, prepare your second layer by blending 1 cup of a different fruit and adding another 1/2 cup of water.
5. After one hour, take the cup out of the freezer and pour the second layer in. The first layer will have frozen so the layers will not mix together.
6. Add a popsicle stick/skewer stick and pop back in the fridge. Freeze for 5-6 hours or leave it in overnight. Done!
*Tip: If you use spinach, add a banana while blending. The banana will sweeten up the taste of the spinach.