So, we all have those stashes of jewelry that have parts missing or need a renovation. I decided to use an old earring to create this neat bracelet. Before I began the craft, I removed the earring hook from the piece to allow me to attach the string. If you prefer not to use string, and would like to make the bracelet more elegant, I always recommend using chain instead. Using chain seems to glam up the bracelet and you can easily attach it using some jump rings. If you prefer more of the friendship bracelet-type jewelry, go for embroidery thread, like I did.
Materials: Old hoop earring/circular charm, string
1. Cut the thread into six 24′ pieces. Taking three pieces, fold in half and pull under the hoop.
2. After going under the ring, pull the loop over.
3. Pull the underlying thread through the loop of string. You are basically making a knot onto the ring.
5. Pull tight to create a knot.
6. Repeat on the other side with the other 3 pieces of string.
7. Divide the strands into 3 sections.
8. Braid until you reach the length desired and tie off with a knot.
9. Repeat on the other side.